The Family

Me - Mum and wife, part time PA, small time collector of vintage china , amateur singer and actress, cross-stitcher, cook and cake baker.

Hubby - Dad and husband, computer fixer, dress maker, Lego builder, tenor and fez wearer. Loves his food except celery and basil.

DD - pre- teen daughter, bright, beautiful, talented, sporty, kind, honest, loving and funny. Knows what she likes and what she doesn't but tastes are getting wider as she gets older.

Friday 31 August 2012

My Tomato Sauce

I use this tomato sauce as the basis for a lot of dishes - especially spag bol, meatballs and lasagne.

Ingredients

1 tin/pack/jar of chopped tomatoes
Splash of milk or double cream
Splash of soy sauce
Splash of red wine
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
Herbs (basil, oregano, parsley etc) to taste
Few crushed dried chillis if you like

Method

  • I whizz the tomatoes through my magic bullet to make a smoother base (like passata but a lot cheaper!)
  • Pour this in a pan and heat gently
  • Add other ingredients to taste
  • I like my sauces quite thick so I let it reduce quite a lot
  • Eat 
  • Enjoy

You can make the sauce and then add the meat (as I do for meatballs and cook the meatballs in the sauce) or put the meat in first and then add the sauce (as I do for spage bol)


No comments:

Post a Comment