The Family

Me - Mum and wife, part time PA, small time collector of vintage china , amateur singer and actress, cross-stitcher, cook and cake baker.

Hubby - Dad and husband, computer fixer, dress maker, Lego builder, tenor and fez wearer. Loves his food except celery and basil.

DD - pre- teen daughter, bright, beautiful, talented, sporty, kind, honest, loving and funny. Knows what she likes and what she doesn't but tastes are getting wider as she gets older.

Thursday 2 August 2012

Leftover slow roast pork

Using the leftover pork from the weekend & the left over gravy I made individual pies for us all

I really like making individual portions of things - I think it makes meals seem a bit more special!

All I did was warm the shredded pork in a pan, add the gravy & warm through

I then added a splash of double cream & some soy sauce.

Whilst this was simmering I rolled out a piece of puff pastry & cut it to fit my pie dishes

I then split the meat & sauce between the three dishes, topped with pastry, brushed with milk, added a couple of air holes & decorated with Russian Doll cookie cutter pastry shapes

The pies then went in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes

I served this with mashed potatoes (should have peas too but I'd run out from frozen peas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment