The Family

Me - Mum and wife, part time PA, small time collector of vintage china , amateur singer and actress, cross-stitcher, cook and cake baker.

Hubby - Dad and husband, computer fixer, dress maker, Lego builder, tenor and fez wearer. Loves his food except celery and basil.

DD - pre- teen daughter, bright, beautiful, talented, sporty, kind, honest, loving and funny. Knows what she likes and what she doesn't but tastes are getting wider as she gets older.

Friday 13 July 2012

The Prologue

Hello, I've been thinking about this for a while and people keep telling me I should take the plunge into blogging after tweeting regularly about what I feed my family.

I'm not going to describe myself as "just" anything because I am a lot of things - wife, mum, sister, daughter, friend, auntie, PA, singer, actress, cook and baker to name but a few!

I'm neither a Domestic Goddess or a Yummy Mummy - I am ME.

I'm married to a wonderful man, who also cooks but as I work part time and closer to home, I tend to cook during the week because that is what works for us.  He washes up and DD sets and clears the table!

We meal plan to save money, time and reduce waste. I prefer to cook meals from scratch because I can control what is in them but if you want to use a jar of sauce - go for it - I don't care!

I tweet a lot, but not only about food.  I have tweeted about our meals under #1joint3people5meals and #3cleanplates, which is where the name for this blog has come from (though frankly I'm surprised no one else has used it before!)

I will make an effort to use #3cleanplates regularly to make it easier to keep track of things.

It strikes me as somewhat ironic that I am starting a food blog on the day we'll be having a Chippy Tea but hey - that's life!

I will always credit where I get recipes from and link when I can - but I am not the most technical of people so please bear with me!

I'm just sharing what works for us - nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment