The Family

Me - Mum and wife, part time PA, small time collector of vintage china , amateur singer and actress, cross-stitcher, cook and cake baker.

Hubby - Dad and husband, computer fixer, dress maker, Lego builder, tenor and fez wearer. Loves his food except celery and basil.

DD - pre- teen daughter, bright, beautiful, talented, sporty, kind, honest, loving and funny. Knows what she likes and what she doesn't but tastes are getting wider as she gets older.

Saturday 14 July 2012

General information

I thought it might be useful if I told you the sort of things we generally like to eat.

Our weekly menus do tend to follow a pattern - we have a pasta based meal at least once a week (often Mondays), we eat rice probably once or twice a week and potatoes - often mashed as this is DD's current favourite way of eating them.  We eat fish on Fridays - yes partly down to my Catholic background, but also partly because we should!

We eat quite a lot of chicken in different ways. I try to use turkey mince not beef because anything too greasy seems to upset DD's stomach at the moment and this has brought some challenges.

We like spicy food - especially Indian and Mexican.

My Husband makes the best chips ever - no he really does.

Thursday tends to be the day I cook something that takes a little longer as it's my day off and I have more time.

Just as an example this is our menu from this last week.

Saturday - pizza
Sunday - chicken fajitas
Monday - Spag Bol
Tuesday - Southern Fried chicken, mash and peas
Wednesday -
Thursday - Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce with rice
Friday - Chippy Tea

Wednesday is blank because it is a difficult day for us - I'm at work, DD has Choir rehearsals starting at 5:45pm and then we all have rehearsals starting at 7:30pm. There isn't time for us to eat together so DD will have her dinner before Choir and Hubby and I will eat (usually just a sandwich) later - to allow for this we both eat bigger lunches at work that day.

I think it is really important for families to eat together - though I know it's not posible for all families. It is possible for us and so we do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment